Diploma in Orthodontic Nursing National
Examining Board for Dental Nurses
The Croydon Orthodontic Practice (COP) Academy are one of the leaders in the provision of Dental Nurse training and skills development in the UK. Equipping people with the best dental care skills and placing them in the most rewarding and well-paid jobs in the industry you need to look no further for your future.
At the COP Academy, we provide the best, certified training to get you started in your career or help you climb the Dental Care career ladder, especially in Orthodontics. With easy payment plans and schedules that can fit around you, learning and growing with us could not be easier.
The COP Academy, you will learn real skills that can be practically applied in the real Dental Care world. With a wide range of classroom-based and online, eLearning courses you can study what you want, how and when you want to.
Working closely with our Awarding bodies to grow your future by encouraging your registration on completing and passing the required exams. Enroll with us today and join many others who are now loving their successful Dental Nursing careers. Call 0208 6817630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose the COP Academy?
- Passionate Trainers
- At the COP Academy, we have the best trainers with decades of real experience. Our passionate trainers are all GDC registered to ensure that what is taught meets the standards and regulations demanded by the dental industry. Our staff are here to pass their skills and knowledge to future dental nurses
Best Courses and Material
- The COP Academy offers a most comprehensive selection of Dental Care training courses in the UK. The COP Academy is accredited by the NEBDN. We are the only provider in Surrey. All courses are accredited courses and access to online and offline support material makes our courses some of the best in the UK.
Affordable Dental Training
- At the COP Academy, our training is kept affordable. For everyone, we offer flexible payment plans which make the courses affordable. They are 100% tax efficient for employers paying to help their teams improve themselves.
- Please contact us on 0208 6817630 or email@example.com for a prospectus regarding Fees and course dates for 18/19.
- Over a 12 month period, anyone can gain a recognised dental nursing qualification entitling them to find work as a GDC registered dental nurse.
- Full tutoring backs up all the training provided by the COP Academy, and all courses include a free basic first aid training course.
- Our Speciality is Orthodontics and by far, our most popular course is the qualification in Orthodontic Nursing. It has been oversubscribed every time we have run it so please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you want a dream career as a dental care professional that can pay up to £27,000 per annum and grow your career prospects call us today on 020 86817630 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are passionate about Dental Care Training, and when our passion meets yours, there is a win-win situation.
- We are the only provider of the NEBDN Orthodontic Nursing course in Surrey - Download PDF here.
Orthodontic Nursing Course Who is it for?
- This qualification is aimed at registered dental nurses working in or aspiring to work in specialist practice.
- There is theoretical learning related to the subject covering the biological background to Orthodontics and encompasses the various appliances used today and how to maintain them.
- This NEBDN qualification also emphasises the medico-legal aspects of treatment and the importance of good communication between patient and dental team.
- Successful completion of this qualification will enhance your professional development and should give you and your employer a considerable increase of confidence in your abilities.
- This qualification aims to provide you with:
- A standardised and quality assured learning experience with an NEDBN accredited course provider
- An independent and objective assessment of knowledge
- A portfolio of evidence of practical experience in the form of a detailed record of competence
- A nationally respected qualification.
What are the benefits?
- Our qualifications are nationally recognised and instantly understood by prospective employers.
- Course providers are accredited against our standards ensuring that candidates get a fully supported learning experience and the best preparation for practice.
- Our syllabus encourages a range of learning styles to suit the individual.
- Our formal assessment and Record of Competence are based on the best modern educational practice giving you excellent evidence of your fitness to practice.
- Practical skills are assessed on real life activities within the workplace using objective tools to ensure a standardised approach.
- Candidates become part of the NEBDN Alumni ensuring ongoing support, information and networking opportunities.
Entry requirements, you must:
- be registered with the General Dental Council or the Irish Dental Council
- be enrolled with a course provider accredited by NEBD
- be sufficiently fluent in written and spoken English to communicate with patients, their relatives, the dental team and other healthcare professionals in the UK
- be able to meet the work-based clinical requirements of the Record of Competence.
- Record of Competence
- You are required to complete a work-based Record of Competence (RoC).
- There are three sections to the Record of Competence:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case Studies - Directly Observed Clinical Skills (DOCS) Assessments
- Supplementary Outcomes
- This is a 90 minute written examination composed of two sections:
- Part A – 45 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Part B – 30 extended matching questions (EMQ).
- Examinations are held twice a year in March and September. Examination dates can be found on the NEBDN website under the Qualifications section.
- Award of qualification
In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the Record of Competence and
- Pass the examination.
More details about the Examining and regulatory body the NEBDN can be found here.